Monday, June 11, 2007

Horton Book

I have to say that I like the Horton book so far. Teaching a technical subject I am very consiouse of how to use text books in a course. Subjects like woodworking, photography, and authoring tools students will really learn while they use the tools and make projects with them. Textbooks often take a supplemental role while they contain answers to many of the questions students have trouble with in this subjects. Having read many books like this I always appreciate a section that explain how the book works, and who is the ideal person to use the book. Funny, I never new the authoring tools and hypermedia were the same thing. I have never been much of software person so this is a new and enjoyable field to me. I have already made plans to have my students build websites for their furniture projects. There are good charts that help illustrate how the tools relate to each other. The concept of learning has come to fascinate me and I find that I am doing a great deal of it so far. I know that I am going to have to spend a great deal of time learning how to use media editors so I can put all my audio and video up on the net. Seeing the depictions in the book I can see my authoring tool Geocity from Yahoo leaves a lot to be desired. Tomorrow I am going to an iWeb tutorial in attempt to find something better.

No comments: